Tuesday, May 26, 2015

#M.A.Y 26 Mayo 2015

Alrighty, so this last week we were fed by Hna Chavez, Hna Yolanda Ortiz, Hna Maldonado, Hna Franchi and Hna Trini Arce. Food <3 I love these amazing women, too. Now for the rest of the less-important stuff~
  President Richardson (MAN he is just so awesome!) is having us focus more deeply on the Standard Works during our Personal Study time. And Personal Study is just so great. The revelation flows like CRAZY and I'm getting more out of the scriptures than I ever have before in my life! We always start off with a half hour in the Book of Mormon and then we move on to Preach My Gospel, Conference talks, etc. I tend to focus on Doctrine & Covenants and the New Testament. A do some dipping into the Old Testament occasionally. I've been searching more carefully for evidences in the Bible about "Divine Potential of humans" and that humans have been able to see the face of God. Tons of people down here don't believe those things, but they believe every literal word in the Bible, oddly enough. It's seriously written all over the place.
   I've been working with maps a TON more lately. We've made a map of all of the less-active members that we've never met, so we can LA search and find simultaneously! I've also printed out Google Earth maps and started marking the roads that we've knocked. It makes things easier.
   We got our miles cut about two weeks ago. Something tells me we'll be using our bikes a lot more! :)
    So we haven't been getting a ton of mail lately. But last week a magazine for Babies R Us or something showed up in our mailbox. What are the odds? A magazine FULL of babies shows up at a house of sister missionaries! Is the world TRYING to make us trunky?? Haha
   I looked it up on a GPS. I'm 2,700 miles from home. I'll start using that in my finding, saying "I came 2,700 miles to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with you." 
   So we went to Publix last week (I love that store! It is like the Florida version of Safeway) to buy cookie dough to make cookies for our amazing RS President that does everything. And Sister Bradley grabbed a DEADLY flavor of ice cream. She says that it is an FFLM tradition to try Publix's "Chocolate Trinity" ice cream at least once. It was heaven. And we can never buy it again after looking at the nutrition info LOL.
   We had ZONE CONFERENCE! I LOVE those so much!!! <3 Afterwards we had "Hurricane Preparedness Training" by Elder/Doctor C.P. Bean. He is a medical advisor for 9 missions in the Southeast of the U.S., a convert, ex-military, an orthopedic surgeon and he is HILARIOUS! Funniest natural disaster training ever! Plus his voice sounds just a little bit like the pig from Toy Story, so it was all the more better!
    He told us about what we need to know/do/ everything. Mom, Dad, I can't call you if there is a hurricane. Sorry. He told us that there is a high chance of a hurricane this year, but we're going to pray that that training was wasted time. He told us that the floods brought in by hurricanes tend to bring water 17 feet above sea level. He called out "How many of you Elders are in the keys?" They raised their hands and he just chuckled and said "You guys are so dead!" (The Keys are 2 feet above sea level LOL). Then I went over to Miami Beach with Sister Furner for a full-day exchange! It was great and we got to teach Brittany and re-teach Kenneth! :)
    Running out of time, I'll try to be quick!
   We got Harold, Palm Springs North's RC. He came to Spanish ward because he is bilingual but his fiancee doesn't know English. I love them both so much and I'm SO excited to teach them!!
   We met a guy that begs on Red Road. He came up to us while we were on bikes and we had a nice chat.
    We biked half the day yesterday and it was 91 degrees. I got burnt, but it was the best! And we found a new investigator! :) We also met a SUPER Patriotic Cuban lady! Like we're talking 'Murica bumper stickers all over her car and inside her house!
    And we also learned that Red Road and 57th is super dangerous when the traffic lights are out. Yay lol :)
       Anyways, I love you all! Have an amazing week!
~Hermana Curnow
    #M.A.Y (Miracles Are Your's)

No comments:

Post a Comment