Monday, January 25, 2016

25 Enero 2016

      Long time, no update, my apologies. This is probably how it is going to be for the remainder of my mission. :P Too much to write about, and not enough email time. I'll do a HUGE entry with stuff from my daily planners, details from what I have journal-ed, and TONS of pictures. Just remind me to do it one day. ;)
      Things in Boca Raton have been AWESOME. :) This place is a miracle factory! We're working with some really awesome folks right now, and we're seeing a lot of less-active members coming back. We've been meeting lots of awesome families, visiting members, knocking lots of doors, biking a ton, hiding when we heard the tornado sirens go off (yes, that did happen. The tornado didn't come close to us, though, thank goodness). We've meet people from just about met one person from every culture on the PLANET (Southern Florida is the BIGGEST melting pot EVER). We've also had some amazing, heart-felt moments. The Spirit has been so strong in some of our lessons, and it brings me so much joy. At the end of the day, that feeling is what makes it all worth it. Through all of the stress, trainings, studies, exchanges, heartbreaks, physical pain, worry, and just about everything on the human spectrum of emotion; the feeling of the Spirit, and the knowledge that you are helping other people coming closer to Christ is what carries you through it all. I love that feeling. It is wonderful. <3
       Also, last week we had a zone activity, a collective birthday party (Sister Smith and I got very good at seeking in hide-'n-seek, and I also learned no pinata can stop me). We went on exchanges, and I got to go to Boynton with Sister PK! It was awesome!! :) We had a blast.
      Florida weather is also way off right now. We have been experiencing mid- 40 degree Fahrenheit weather! WHAT?!?! Crazy!! We have been FREEZING!!! 
    I'm still making smoothies all the time, working out with Sister Peel in the mornings, and Sister Smith had me go to Tijuana Flats for the first time this week. It was great!! :)
That's all for now! Love y'all!
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment