Friday, December 26, 2014

Navidad en el CCM (and my branch is the best)

     I'm seriously so blessed to be surrounded by these people! They're hilarious and I learn so much from them each and every day! Our branch consists of three districts (classes). I'm just gonna list them all for you and rant about how great they are later!

     *** Branch 18 ***
-District A (the missionaries that arrived on December 3rd):
Elder Birch
Elder Mikos
Elder Jensen 
Elder Sims
Hermana Callis
Hermana Meeks
Hermana Bitton
Hermana Laub

-District B (arrived on December 17th, beginner Spanish class)
Elder Frederkisen 
Elder Greene
Elder Mitchell
Elder Vorwaller
Hermana Stanger
Hermana Martinez
Hermana Osborn
Hermana Hansen
Hermana Clarke
Hermana Walfield

-District C (my district; arrived on December 17th, intermediate Spanish class)
Elder Sandall
Elder Gonzales 
Elder Keith 
Elder Andersen (showed up a few days late, hence why he has not been mentioned before)
Hermana Curnow (ME! The Solo Sister)

Hermana Laub was my temporary companion while our companions went to choir practice. She's SO funny! We get along well and she's attempting to teach me to touch my tongue to my nose.

Hermana Clarke and Hermana Walfield are still awesome! We laugh a ton and make far too many jokes with our roommates at night. Whenever one of us accidentally does something impractical (I can't think of a better word, since we don't actually do anything bad), we call out "!Todos los pecados!" They're great :)

Elder Mitchell and Elder Vorwaller are super animated and hilarious! Elder Mitchell and I have decided that "Everyone needs an Hermana Curnow" (due to the fact that I decided not to join the choir). Elder Vorwaller does the best Golem impression ever, he managed to get inside my suitcase (it was a prop that I volunteered to bring) and he is attempting to teach me to tie a tie.

Hermana Martinez is hilarious and has this creepy look that she loves to make. It's the best! :)
Hermana Stanger is petite, but she's fierce! She's way caring and can be fiery when she needs to be (not that the need has arisen lol).
Hermana Hansen is a SUPER dedicated missionary, she's wanted to serve ever since she was a little girl!
Hermana Osborn is also really funny! All four of these sisters are in the same dorm building as us. We have fun! ;)​
​Mis compañeras son muy fantasticas. We study, we laugh, we take selfies. Such is our life! :)

And my district?
We have so much fun!

Elder Keith is from Indiana, going to serve in Oregon. He has the best sense of style ever! I look forward everyday to seeing his varied ties and socks! At first I thought he was going to be quiet. How wrong I was! He's hilarious and takes some of the best selfies!

Elder Gonzales knows much more Spanish than he'll let on. We also both swam in high school, so we talked about that for a bit. He did the IM. Which makes me feel like a weakling, but oh well! He also has the COOLEST first name ever! I've never actually met somebody named that (I can't tell you. Calling a missionary by their title is proper and respectful. So you all will never know! ;) lol) He's from Utah and will be serving in Argentina.

Elder Sandall is our district leader, and he's awesome! He's dead serious when he cracks a joke, so I've fallen for his wisecracks and pranks a couple of times. I'm still plotting revenge. He's really good at bearing his testimony in Spanish! :) Also, you can't tell from the suit, but he's built! He played basketball in high school and everybody goes to the gym, he dominates! He also likes to make art with acrylic paint, which I thought was neat! He's from a small Navajo town in Arizona (but he's white) and he'll be serving in Argentina!

Elder Andersen is a ballroom dancer from BYU. He lives in Utah and will be serving in Argentina. I don't know much else about him, since he's new.

OKAY, I'm running out of time to write! I might post multiple updates to the blog today in order to send pictures!

Please write me! You can use DearElder.com and it will get to me faster. Plus it's free!

Christmas was awesome!

I got some great packages (thank you Bakers, Andersons, Grandma Jo and parents! <3)
We got to hear from Elder Russel M, Nelson and his wife for a Christmas devotional! Way cool, learned a ton!
There was a talent show, which our district performed a skit. Others played the piano, guitar, did insane yo-yo tricks and one Sister did a Jazz show (trumpet. With her voice box. Blew my mind!).

Later we got to watch Ephraim's rescue! Great movie, I highly recommend!

AND WE HAD A WHITE CHRISTMAS! Four inches of snow came overnight, and it is still snowing! :)

Today is P-Day, and I have tons of laundry to do.
I'm sorry that I'm not giving tons of details, but so much happens that I can't remember it all. Plus our time is scheduled, so everything is pretty routine.

Love you all! I'd love to hear from you individually! :)
<3
          Con amor,
         Hermana Curnow.

Memorable quotes so far:

"!Honey! ?Donde está mi traje-super?" -The Incredibles
"Yo cantando en la fiestaaaaaa..." -Nacho Libre
"Did you see his socks?" -Elder Keith
"That's my dad!" -Hermana Cluff
"People talk around her!" - Elder Keith
"!Billy la Bufanda!" -Elder Keith
" '?Que hora es?' '*GASP* !Yo no se, yo no se!" -Some beginner Spanish telenovela (not shown to us in the MTC)
"Mis caderas no miente." -Shakira
"!Todas las cosas!" -Hermana Clarke
"La lucha es real." -District A

I'll post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment