Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Second week in Miami! :)

   Hey, so looking back on my last blog post, I've come to realize that when reading some of the things that I said through a blog, some of the things that I may have said may have come off sounding derogatory. I sincerely apologize if anybody thought that I was speaking negatively, I can assure you that that is not the case! I LOVE Florida and the people here, I just may have expressed that inappropriately. I'll be more careful how I phrase things online from now on. :)
    But this week was awesome! We have a progressing investigator and found a family that seems SUPER ready to receive the gospel! I'm way excited and I love teaching the people here!
    I've never had so much juice in my life. I don't even particularly like fruit juice, but the people are so nice and almost always offer you something when you visit them. Most of the time it is juice, so I've learned to love juice. And saltine crackers, they give you lots of those, too. And all of the women have been telling me to wear a jacket, or I'll catch a cold (its 65 degrees outside LOL). One member even GAVE me a cardigan so that I wouldn't "freeze" on our way out to the car. People are so sweet. <3
   Tons of birds here! I was a little surprised, but then I remembered that birds fly south for the winter. And would ya look at that, I'm in the south! So the telephone lines are literally just LINED with birds!
    We've been listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas CD while we drive, and we especially enjoy the tracks in which David Archuleta accompanies them. It gives some nice variety. :)
     I got to see the temple a week ago! The Fort Lauderdale temple is definitely my new favorite, and I can't wait to go in one at some point!
    I CAUGHT A LIZARD AND A TOAD LAST NIGHT! Best night ever! I saw a gecko on the pavement as we got out of our car last night (it was about 8:57) and I caught that little beaut! He was SO gorgeous! I don't know what kind he is, but he had some sweet looking stripes on his tail!
After planning, I saw a bigger gecko on our window! So I grabbed a sister and went outside to catch it. It got away, but I heard something bigger moving nearby. I crept over and found a TOAD!! So I caught it. :) We took a selfie with it and let it go. Pretty dandy.
    Ummm... So yeah, that is my life right now. :) Send me a letter and let me know how all of you are doing! The church is true, and the missionary work is PLOWING forward! The Lord won't stop for anyone, so you can hop on board or get out of the way! ;)
           Con mucho amor,
    ~Hermana Curnow



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment