Monday, May 2, 2016

Vamos a la playa ;)

  So, I don't think that I mentioned this before (and again, I am the WORST at updating this blog! I'll probably do a mega-post when I get home, basically a novel to explain everything that happened in each area ;P ) but there was an emergency transfer. And now we serve right along the beach! :) It's pretty spiffy! And there are SO many people to talk to here, and about 98% of the people are Spanish! <3 It's like heaven on earth!
  We're working with some really awesome folks right now, most of them are from Venezuela but we really do have a lot of great diversity around here. The "list of countries" that I have met people from keeps growing! Hint: its really long and I think that the only massive countries that I am missing at this point are Russia and Australia. But hey, who knows? I may have actually met some people from those places without realizing it. It wouldn't surprise me!
   We also found some places that sell Brazilian food (YES!!! I'm so happy!) and I blew some personal money on t-shirts and other touristy stuff for myself and my family. 
    Something scriptural that I want to share before I log off is Alma 58:11. It's a really beautiful scripture, and it makes me think about how the Lord really is always ready to comfort us. He is the only one that knows EXACTLY what we are going through and how to help us. He speaks peace to our souls and strengthens us to overcome our challenges. With faith and hope in the Messiah and his plan, we never need to fear. No matter what the affliction, we can and should always be cheerful.
        Con amor, 
      ~Hermana Curnow

For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, insert your name here.
 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Porque, ¿puede una mujer olvidar a su niño de pecho al grado de no compadecerse del hijo de sus entrañas? ¡Pues aun cuando ella se olvidare, yo nunca me olvidaré de ti, su nombre!
Pues he aquí, te tengo grabada en las palmas de mis manos; tus muros están siempre delante de mí.

No comments:

Post a Comment