Friday, January 9, 2015

El CCM es el mejor

   That means, "the MTC is the best" in Spanish! :)
I'm learning so much Spanish! I speak a healthy mix of "Spanglish" all day everyday at this point, and I'm starting to understand a great deal of the Spanish edition of the Book of Mormon.

Last Sunday we got to see the MTC Devotional video "The Character of Christ" by Elder David A. Bednar. It was my second time seeing it, and it is so amazing! I gotta take advantage of watching it, because the MTC is the only place where it is available to watch.

Elder Sandall's sprained ankle is almost healed, so all is well again in our district.

I've been craving music lately. I have these hardcore desires to listen to Phantom of the Opera and Les Mis. But hymns do a good job of filling the void. :)

OH! I now understand this Spanish video! Give it a look! It is my favorite inspirational video, and if you want to see it in English, google search "Because of Him LDS".


We got to do a session as a zone at the temple today! District A is heading to Argentina on Monday (yo creo...) so we did one last session together and then ate in the cafeteria afterwards. We were SO excited to have non-MTC food. The food here isn't bad, but it gets old after a few weeks.

HOLY COW. How long have I been here? 1/18th of my mission is over and I feel like I just got here! Craziness!!!!!

I got really frustrated two nights ago. Everyone says that a mission is way difficult, but it is super hard to describe how. I'll do my best: You are overcome with love for the other missionaries, your investigators, your family. You are often baffled by the language that you are in the process of learning. And you are overwhelmed and sometimes completely stumped on how to help your investigators.

All you can really think about is how to help others and how much you want to learn. But it is a very good thing. :)
Hermano Martinez (one of my teachers) sat down with me and expressed to me that I was being really hard on myself. I told him that I felt insufficient. He paused to think, and I could tell that the Spirit was speaking to him. And then he instructed me to study a few verses with him. Afterward, he spoke to me with more power than anyone else has ever done before in my life. It is amazing how the Spirit can instruct us how to help others.
Las escrituras:
Moises 1
DyC 4:3
Eter 12:27

Ummm... what else do you all want to know about? I can't think of much. (Write me some ideas! ;) )

Jogging is becoming easy. Elder Keith and I have set goals to complete some pull-ups before we leave.

My sketches are getting better (a tender mercy, no doubt)!

OH! Another teacher, Hermano Castro helped Hermano Martinez teach yesterday. We were supposed to have a conversation with him, to practice our Spanish contacting skills. 
***Elders Sandall, Anderson and Gonzalez are going to be serving in Argentina and Hermano Castro served there. Important detail.***
So Elder Sandall, Elder Anderson and I are about to talk to him, and Hermano Castro starts speaking regular Spanish. Then he stops suddenly, points at the elders and says "You two are going to Argentina, right?" They said yes, and he IMMEDIATELY switched to speaking this crazy dialect!!! Castishano (I don't know if I spelt that right) is this Spanish dialect that Argentinians speak, and it is SUPER difficult to understand!
Basically, they pronounce a ton of common Spanish letter combos with a "j-zshhh" sound. We just kinda started cracking up because we understood nothing.

Hermana Cluff has some jeans that fit literally all of the sisters perfectly! We now have an "Hermana-hood of the traveling pants" LOL!

AHH! I'm out of email time! Love you all!

Con amor,
Hermana Curnow.

No comments:

Post a Comment