Friday, January 23, 2015

Eternally busy January 23rd, 2015 & Elder Ballard

   We are the luckiest zone ever. In the time that we've been here, we've been graced by the presence of the following: Elder Russel M. Nelson (he spoke to us TWICE), Richard Elliott, David Archuleta, Richard Heaton, Greg Droughby and Elder M. Russell Ballard.
HOLY COW. We are so blessed to have had these amazing opportunities. Elder Ballard spoke to us for the Tuesday night devotional, which was amazing.
    Ummm... What's new? Oh. So Elder Sandall and Elder Greene are skilled with harmonicas. Elder Mitchell caught a live fly on the temple walk, and let it go (it flew away. Elder Mitchell is a sensei). Elder Keith continues to quote Angela Johnson all the time. And it doesn't get old! :)
    We had In-Field Orientation. That last for NINE HOURS. Holy moly I had such a headache at the end of the day! But one of the teachers was Brother J. Tyler Christensen (he was Elder Christensen in the Preach My Gospel- The District training videos). Neat stuff. And our Branch President Carpenter and his wife have known Sister Myers from the videos since she was a four year old girl. COOL STUFF.
    We have a new district! 4 Elders, 4 Hermanas. They're all great and adjusting to missionary life. :)   OH, hey I leave to Florida in just over a week. If you all want to write me there (PLEASE) the letters will probably take about a week to get there. My mission home address is:
    Hermana Samantha Curnow
   7951 SW 6th Street, Suite 110
   Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33324-3211
My district is leaving for their missions on Monday. :( I'm way sad about this. I have to stay an extra week because Florida transfers are later than those in Argentina and Oregon. Our district is going to perform a musical number in sacrament, "God Be With You Till We Meet Again". I know that I'm going to miss these elders so much. We've become such good friends.
    Ummm... What else to write... Oh! Check out Elder Gonzalez's blog, elderraulgonzalez.blogspot.com
    Time still doesn't make sense here. It is simultaneously fast and slow. 
I'm jogging at least a mile every gym time. Doing about 30 sit-ups, benching 180 lbs. on the thigh work-out thing and I can do a hanging pull-up for 60 seconds. I love how strong I'm getting, and exercise really is the best stress-reliever here! :)
      Missionary work is the busiest and most stressful thing I've ever done. I haven't even left the MTC yet. I've been emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically taxed in ways that I couldn't imagine to be possible. And it is the best experience of my life. Not a day goes by that I regret this decision, no matter how difficult the language is or how hard it is to identify the needs of those you teach.
      I SO don't have time to type anything else, but know that I love you all! I encourage all of you to share your testimony as often as you can and spread that which you know to be true. Write me letters if you want to contact me! <3
      Con MUCHO amor,
  ~Hermana Curnow

No comments:

Post a Comment