Monday, March 2, 2015

Time doesn't make sense.

Seriously, how does so much happen in one week? How does time go by so quickly??
I'm gonna try to do a quick synopsis of this week.
    We FINALLY got to use the Chic-Fil-A gift card! That was exciting! :) I love their food. But we can't go often because it is pretty far in our area, and I'm already struggling trying to balance my caloric intake and exercise. ;P
    Gisel, Jack and Betty are awesome! We saw all three of them yesterday! :) I didn't realize until I came here how many people are ready for the gospel in their lives! Missionary work is VIGOROUS.
   On Friday we went biking, which was a little difficult just because of how the roads are set up. And almost everyone that we encountered was "Anti". I should've felt discouraged, but oddly enough I thought that our encounters were hilarious! I love talking to people as a missionary, even if I'm getting chewed out! :) (Please note that as missionaries, we NEVER set out to cause debate or contention. When it does come up, we don't do anything to further the bad feelings).
   The members are great! Every time I talk to Hermana Trini, I learn a new Spanish pet name. She has called us her "lindas hermosas preciosas amores". That one was the longest so far. She calls us her: amores, preciosas, "mi vida", "mi cielo", etc. She is darling! <3 Hermana Chavez is a ward missionary and she is BOSS. I love listening to her speak about the gospel! :)
   I haven't caught another lizard yet. My Dad (Elder Ortiz; your first district leader is your dad and your trainer is your mom *that's how it works for sister missionaries*) wants me to catch one and put it on my ear. So I'm gonna try and see if it works out. ;)
   We had zone conference! I learned a ton, got to see Pres. and Sister Richardson <3 and I saw Elder Sauyun from another zone! He and I talked on the plane, and we're both Spanish speaking missionaries.
   On Saturday, we got permission to leave our area to visit Betty, a referral from stake President Robinson. She used to be the family's housekeeper and she's been investigating the gospel for quite some time now. We had a great discussion with her, but it rained like CRAZY while we were in her apartment! It was already getting pretty flooded when we drove over, but by the time we left we had to drive through about 2 feet of rain water!!! The intersection especially was really bad. We thought that the water would come in through the door cracks! We literally had no choice but to drive through it, but everything turned out fine.
   And yesterday we went to the Robinson home for an MPL. The Robinsons are great, and do their best to answer Betty's questions, and Betty speaks good English. The problem is that she had some doctrinal questions and the Robinsons don't know Spanish to that extent. So we answered some of Betty's questions, found out that she has a SOLID testimony and translated a bit for the Stake Pres. She knows a TON about the gospel already from prior lessons, and she wants to be baptized!! I'm so excited! :D <3 She's going to be baptized on March 8th!
  Later we saw Jack, and he has TONS of deep doctrine questions and life and religion in general. He's gonna STUDY the Book of Mormon and he will share his thoughts and questions later! :) Gisel came to classes at church this week, which is great. She and the girls really love church and the environment here. I see a bright future for them! <3
     The best way to introduce a friend to the missionaries: dinner. Members, investigators and missionaries can all sit down, have some food and have a nice discussion. My little bit of advice for the week, and it helps missionaries SO much!
 
Love you all so much! The gospel is absolutely true, I know it with all of my soul! I invite all of you to ask God and receive this answer for yourself! :)
Romans 8:16 <3
 
Con MUCHISIMO amor,
   ~Hermana Curnow 
 
P.S. I'm still trying to do the "hand snap" thing. And when you do it, you need to say "Ay, mama mia, papalote, policia!" :)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment