Monday, June 15, 2015

15 Junio 2015 New Area.

    Remember how I was getting transferred last week, and I was sure that I would go south?
Yeah, I got sent north. About as far north as I can go, actually.
I sat down at transfer meeting expecting to stay seated for a while (until they started listing off the people going to Southern zones). And then less than a minute later, I learned that I was going north and into an ENGLISH area. My jaw DROPPED. English??? I'm a Spanish missionary! I knew that Spanish missionaries often have to serve in at least one English area throughout the duration of their mission, but north??? That's where all the white people are! This is for sure something new for me! I didn't encounter very many white people in Miami, to be honest, haha! But I do love this new area. The members especially are super hard-working and charitable. :) It's a great ward. 
    I'm up here with Sister Montague. She is just super!!! :) We get along really well and work super hard to invite everyone to come unto Christ. We also bike literally everyday and I LOVE it!! Biking is the BEST!!
    We're working with a guy named John right now. He's super cool and reads diligently. :) We're also working with Ingrid, and she is just so funny and warm-hearted. :)
  We just moved into a new place in our area, and we just got a set of washing and drying machines. Yay for clean clothes! :)
   Oh, and there is SO much wildlife up here! Apparently people see manatees and dolphins in the canals by the generators! And I even found a softshell turtle in one of the streams and a gopher tortoise crossing the street! The reptiles that you see while biking! :)
   I'm out of time, but I love you all!
Talk to you next week!
Con amor, Hermana Curnow

No comments:

Post a Comment